New Year’s Resolution’s can be difficult to keep but once you get past the first 60 days you’ll find yourself with a rewarding lifestyle change. Motivation is key to keep you on track so here are some ideas to help keep you motivated!
- Make a plan so you have structured workouts to follow
- Choose exercises you enjoy
- Find a workout buddy
- Start a workout journal to keep track of your progress
- Buy a new pair of runners or an outfit to feel good in while you workout
- Set goals! You could get a couple of friend’s together and set group goals or have a little healthy competition
- Pick an outfit you want to fit into for the Spring/Summer and hang it up where you’ll see it daily. (Be realistic with the goal)
- Take a before photo. We see ourselves 10lbs bigger then we actually are so a picture will help you be realistic. Remember to take photos periodically so you can compare and see your progress.
- Reward yourself for completing your goals
And remember this is a lifestyle change; it will be hard at times but keep motivated and have fun with it!
Jennifer Heppell, Can Fit Pro Certified
Personal Training Manager
VI Fitness Centres – Westshore